Powering up your spa (Based on Canadian Spa Toronto model)
Once the spa is properly wired and filled with water, the spa power can be turned on and Start-up chemicals added.
1. Turn on RCD breaker. If breaker trips immediately check Neutral and Ground Wire connections. Upon initial power up, 4 sets of numbers flash on the LED display of the topside Console. The last number in the sequence is the incoming power meter which can be used to verify that the spa is wired correctly.
2. The spa begins an automatic priming routine which will last 6 minutes (“Pr” is on the LED display).
3. The priming routine will automatically run each spa pump to prime. When the “Pr” is displayed, press any PUMP button to prime that pump or wait for the priming routine to turn on the Pump. IMPORTANT: To avoid pump damage, do not run pumps for more than 1 minute without moving water. If no water is moving, turn power off and perform air lock procedure. See the Troubleshooting section.
4. The Topside Console display flashes “100F” then select “–F” for approximately 2 minutes to determine water temperature as it flows through the heater.
5. The default pre-set temperature is 36.5°C. The last measured temperature is constantly displayed on the LCD readout. This temperature will be current only when the pump has been running for at least 2 minutes. Set the desired temperature between 80-104°F (26- 40°C) by pressing the temp button(s). If the water temperature is below the set temperature, the spa’s heater and indicating heat light will turn on. All features of the Topside Console will be available. The spa will heat approximately 1° every 10 minutes.
6. Check for leaks! Although spas are fully checked at factory, shipping & delivery might cause a leak. Remember to pay particular attention to barrel unions. Contact your Canadian Spa dealer directly if there is a problem.
If your new spa pump does not prime (flow) on the initial start-up you may be experiencing an “air lock”. This normal occurrence can be easily corrected by loosening the plumbing union on the suction side of the Jet or Circulation pump until water flows into the pump and all air is expelled.
PRESS BUTTONS SLOWLY FOR FIRST RUN WHEN STARTING UP
ONCE PR EXITS, SET TEMPERATURE ON SPA