IMPORTANT: Before filling the spa, it is important to read and understand the water chemistry section of this manual. Do not proceed until the water chemistry section is understood and the source water is tested.
Verify that the spa is in the desired final location.
Follow these filling instructions to avoid damage to the spa pumps:
1. Leave power to the spa off until spa is completely filled.
2. Never leave an unfilled spa exposed to direct sunlight without the Spa Cover installed. Resulting damage such as bubbles and wrinkles in the spa shell and fading of the jet faces is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
3. Never operate spa pumps without water. Resulting permanent pump and/or heater damage is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
4. Remove all warning labels from spa shell.
5. Apply Acrylic Surface Protection solution if desired (typically included in Chemical Kit) to keep the spa shell clean, especially around the water line. Follow package instructions.
6. Remove the filter lid, basket and filter cartridge.
7. Inspect all Jets (shipping may cause jets to become loose or detached). Check to see that the Black Drain Valve (located to the left or right of the front access panel) is closed and that all barrel unions are tight. The slice valves should be open.(valve is open when the handle is pulled out, closed when it is pushed in).
IMPORTANT: Follow the next steps closely to prevent damage to the Spa Pumps.
8. Insert garden hose or other clean water source directly into filter housing. Push hose into filter housing until it stops. Fill up to bottom of spa pillows
9. Secure hose placement and turn on water. The spa can be filled with tepid water. If warm water is used, the spa will be available for use in a shorter period of time.
Filling spa through the filter housing prevents air lock in the spa pumps, which is an air pocket preventing the flow of water through the pump. Permanent damage caused by running the pump with air lock (or without water) is not covered by the manufacturer’s warranty.
10. Check for leaks! Although spas are fully checked at factory,shipping & delivery might cause a leak.
11. Before power is applied, refer to and become familiar with the spa side control operations.
12. Adding a Scale Control during the filling process is recommended. Follow package instructions.
13. Fill the spa until water is 1 inch (25mm) above the waterline on the spa shell or 1 inch (25mm) above the mid point of the filter housing. Do not overfill the spa. If needed, more water may be added after the power is turned on and the plumbing is filled. See Powering Up Spa section.
14. Turn water off and remove hose.
15. Reinstall filter cartridge, basket and filter lid.
16. Add Start-up Chemicals after power is turned on.