Before you purchase a hot tub cover it is good to check that you are buying a quality product.
The foam core
One of the most important components of a hot tub cover is the foam core. The foam core not only provides the insulation for the cover, but it also helps to give it strength. Insulation in hot tubs is a very important feature of a hot tub it ensure a hot tub remains efficient through its operation. Initial heating of a hot tub requires energy and time thus making it costly. We aim to provide affective insulation on our products so that when you use our spa you get the best, cost effective usage.
A good vinyl cover will be able to withstand the stresses put on it by the elements, which include sun, rain, snow and ice, and other factors such as mould and chemicals. You will want to look for a hot tub cover that is made with durable marine grade vinyl and treated to resist the impact of UV rays, mould and mildew, and chlorine, as the bottom portion will be subjected to the sanitisers used in the water.
The heat seal
Other than keeping the water clean and protecting your hot tub, the hot tub cover also needs to have a good heat seal in order to make it energy efficient. When you are looking for a hot tub cover you know you will have a good one if the R-value rating is 12 to 13.
Some other features that you want to keep in mind when shopping online for a hot tub cover are the safety features, warranties, and the repair and return policies.
The hot tub cover should also have reinforced tie-down straps and locking hardware with keys. This will help to ensure children do not get into the hot tub when unsupervised.
At Canadian Spa we sell a range of covers made to withstand even the harshest Canadian winters.
Check out our cover features:
- Tapered cover. All Canadian Spa Covers are a thicker tapered cover which slopes left and right from the centre (allowing for good rain run off), from approx 125mm to 75mm (5 to 3 inch).
- Colours - Available in two different colours (Grey and Brown)*
- Marine Grade Vinyl. Tough and resilient, 100% polyester backing, mildew treated face and back.
- Commercial Quality Zipper. Heavy-duty 45 nylon zipper chain and aluminium pulls
- 8 Locking Buckles
- Heat-Saving Seals 6 Sturdy, Reinforced Handles. Triple folded reinforced vinyl backed up with double-stitched seams for the sturdiest of handles end and side
- 8 Triple Strength Straps
- Insulating Polystyrene Core. Our expanded polystyrene has top-rated insulation properties and the foam core’s tapered design keeps rainwater off the spa cover
- Durable Reinforced Hinge. The aluminium channel reinforcement at the cover hinge adds strength and durability
- 5 mil Double Moisture Barrier. The 5 mm thick tri-extruded plastic wrap prevents moisture form reaching the foam core Rugged Reinforced Stitching - adds durability
- Easy Care - A little soap and water does it
- Warranty - Our warranty guarantees product performance for two year from date of purchase on both materials and workmanship.