The new filter/skimmer basket from Canadian Spa offers improved 100 sq ft filtration (2 x 50 sq ft Silver Ion ‘Microban’ filters) together with a Pre-filter mesh to capture impurities. This guide instructs how to change filters/Pre-filter.
Changing the filter cartridges and pre-filter:
Step 1. Remove the two screw cap covers. Undo the two screws to release filter lid
Step 2. Open the filter lid to access the filter chamber.
Step 3. Unscrew the two filters and replace with the new filters and re-screw into position
Step 4. Insert the Pre-filter skimmer
TIP: CLEANING YOUR FILTER:
- It is advisable to clean your hot tub filters every 2 or 3 weeks.
- Turn off spa power
- Remove the cartridge from the filter housing and use a garden hose, or a tap, to wash down the filter. Rinse until all dirt and debris have been removed
- Dissolve 250 gms of Canadian Spa Filter Free in 10 litres of luke warm water (one capful holds approximately 30 gms). Use a plastic pail and mix until the solution turns red (always read the label) Soak the filter cartridge for at least 1 hour (overnight is recommended).
- Rinse the cartridge again after cleaning to remove any traces of cleaning solution
- Always dry the filters before inserting them back into your hot tub. This ensures that the filters perform to their best and last longer. Let them dry naturally. It is also a good idea to keep a spare set of filters.
- Do not run spa without filters